Basic Coatings Dissolver Floor Polish Remover (Gallon) - B0541-0412
Basic Coatings Dissolver™ Floor Polish Remover - Hardwood Floor Stripper
Recommended for removing conventional floor finishes.
Acrylic Floor Polish Remover
Acrylic Floor Finish is often used to rejuvenate hardwood floors. These coatings cause uneven or unsightly appearance issues over time and must be removed in order to successfully apply professional urethane coatings. If the Acrylic Test Kit (B9166) has determined that an acrylic floor polish is present, use Basic Coatings & Dissolver™ Floor Polish Remover to strip the acrylic floor polish from the hardwood floor.
- Rinse free
- Low foaming
- No added fragrance or dyes
- pH: 10.0 - 10.5
- No added fragrance or dyes
- Dilute 1:5 with cool water
Directions for Use
- Dilute (1:5) 25.6 oz./gal. or 200 mL/L with cool water.
- Apply solution liberally with mop.
- Allow 4 - 5 minutes contact time. Be sure to keep surface wet at all times. Agitate with a low-speed rotary machine or automatic scrubber (using a stripping pad or brushes).
- Pick up solution using a wet vacuum or automatic scrubber and rinse thoroughly.
- Allow floor to dry completely.
- To prepare the floor for the cleaning process vacuum or sweep loose dirt from the floor and pay special attention to corners.
- Always mix Dissolver™ 1:5 with cool water for best results.
Work in small areas around 50 sq. ft.
Let the Dissolver™ Solution dwell for 5 minutes of contact time. Dissolver™ will begin to emulsify the floor polish.
- Scrub the area with the Dirt Dragon™ and diluted Dissolver™ and remove the emulsified stripper solution.
- Manual agitation with a non-abrasive scrubbing pad may be needed for heavy floor polish buildup.
Repeat this process in small areas until all floor polish has been removed before moving on to the next area.
- Retest the floor with the Acrylic Wax Test Kit to make sure that all floor polish has been removed from the floor.
- Rinse the floor with the Dirt Dragon™ and Squeaky™ to neutralize the floor and prepare it for coating.
- Allow the floor to dry.
- Coat the floor with Hardwood Floor Refinisher.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE Read the entire label before using this product.
FLOOR POLISH REMOVAL PROCEDURE: NOTE: During the stripping process floors can become extremely slippery. Please use caution.
*This product meets Green Seal's environmental standard for industrial and institutional floor care products based on its reduced human and aquatic toxicity and reduced smog production potential
Returns: RETURNS & REFUNDS
Shipping: SHIPPING INFO
Intended usage: The products sold at Excellent Supply are intended for use by "professional cleaning contractors" or those who have been trained in the various aspects of carpet and hard surface maintenance. Excellent Supply is not responsible for results achieved by untrained end users.